Kissing isn’t just for affection, it also has some real health benefits. Here are certain explanations why you may as well invest a little more time showing affection in this form.
- French kissing increases saliva production, which helps to wash away bacteria. This means kissing can help prevent tooth decay and cavities.
- Kissing is known to be a major stress reliever. You could compare it to meditation; it replaces negative feelings with, what can be, an intensely happy buzz that can help you ease up.
- Kissing is a workout for your facial muscles.
- Kissing burns calories. A 20-minute make-out session on your couch burns 40 calories.
- Kissing boosts your immunity. The exchange of saliva forces your body to produce antibodies to prevent you from getting sick.
- Kissing also helps with allergies. A Japanese study showed that 30 minutes of kissing reduced blood levels of IgE, an allergy antibody.